13-28 March, 2010
Berkelouw Wine Bar, Leichhardt
Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Music Cafe
Kammerklang’s first touring project, Symbology brings together five young composers, five artists and the acclaimed Nexas Saxophone Quartet to explore the concept of symbolism in art.
Hosted by the Berkelouw Wine Bar in Leichhardt and the Music Cafe at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Symbology will be a relaxed gig with food and drinks/wine available throughout the concerts.
Each of the new Australian compositions on the program has an accompanying artwork dealling with the same or related respresentations or discussion of symbolism, which has led to some intriguing and remarkable work, both visually and aurally. The art will on display for a week at each venue and will be available for sale on the night, to be collected after the project’s week run has been completed.
– Interweave by Cameron Lam (saxophone quartet, 2010)*
– Genie in a Cup by Sarah Myerson (saxophone quartet, 2010)*
– The Last Flight of Saint-Ex by Katia Beaugeais (saxophone quartet, 2010)*
– Scorched Earth by Joseph Power (saxophone quartet, 2010)*
– Waiting by Marcus Whale (saxophone quartet, 2010)*
*world premiere performance
Nexas Saxophone Quartet:
: Ben Carey
: Nicholas Russoniello
: Andrew Smith
: Nathan Henshaw
Artistic Director: Cameron Lam
Sound Engineer: Jayson McBride
Graphic Designer: Sarah Funnell
One Reply to “Symbology (2010)”
Comments are closed.